11/01/2010

Where does time go?

Howdy all and HAPPY FALL to one and all!
It's been a reeeeaaaally long time since I've posted anything but I have been "lurking" in blogland enjoying the heck out of many many blogs.  Do you ever do that?  Go through a stage where you just don't feel like "talking" but enjoy visiting? 
Well, I thought I'd post a menagery of photo's giving an idea of what I've been up too...
First off, my daughter, granddaughter and I went to a quilt show...that is my current obsession...am going to learn how to quilt! (Last month it was going to be learn to decorate cookies...that didn't go so well LOL)

















We all went to the pumpkin patch for an afternoon full of activities.  Maddy met some new friends...



We went for a "hay ride" out to the fields of corn and pumpkins


The kids got a lesson on how a pumpkin is grown

Then it was off to the pumpkin sling...

I just realized that I haven't any pictures of the pumpkins that we got!  Oh well, it was a fun day out and a sunny day at that!

I've also been workin around the house with fall cleaning...one doesn't realize how many windows they have until it is time to clean them in and out.  Nor how many leaves are on a faux fig tree until you clean EACH AND EVERY ONE of them.
So here is a glimpse of my busyness.  I have also been working on a wool candle mat that I'll show when I finish.  Been visiting all the local quilt shops to decide which are my favorite to return to and have been collecting fabric along the way to make my second quilt...I think I have enough now so will HOPEFULLY get started on that soon. 
I didn't do any Halloween decorating for the first time in 25 years which seemed really strange.  Hopefully the creative bug will bite soon cuz I am thinking I might not do Christmas decorating this year, either.  I'll end this with my newest Ebay purchase...the best deal of the year for me on the picture. Is that just one of the best feelings in the world when you get a great deal on something? 



Here's hoping everyone had a fun Halloween and great anticipation for a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'll sign off with a thought of Thanksgiving.....I am so thankful that there are SOOOO many incredibly TALENTED women out here in blog land so willing to take the time to share their lives, passions and hobbies.  Your awesome blogs have filled many hours with joy for my eyes!
Until next time, Vicci




8 comments:

  1. That is a lovely picture and I love the lit up house too.
    Isn't the quilted car fab? It's the kind of thing I'd do if I could. My kids would dispair.
    With you on the blogging thing. I haven't posted much for ages but I really enjoy visiting and reading. Might make the effort this week as I spent a lovely weekend in Dublin. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your back!
    Quilts are one of my favorite things. I've enjoyed your tour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilts were gorgeous! That is something I wish I knew how to do but fear I wouldn't have the patience for. Happy Fall! Traci

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy did I pick a great day to wander around and lurk in blogland :) Thank you for this terrific post!! I know it was from a week or so ago, but still those were awesome thoughts and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tina! I just noticed that you joined up to follow my blog, Comin' Home, and thought I'd drop by to visit. I was so blessed to see I was also on your blogroll! Thank you very much!

    I have to say, I'm so jealous that you got to go to a quilt show. Seeing these photos reminds me of our Houston International Quilt Festival. I miss it most years because my husband's annual oil convention is about the same time.

    I love quilting. I remember when I first learned only eight years ago. It was the beginning of a life long love. Now I design my own fabric art pieces. The friends at quilting bee taught me more than any class..though the class was invaluable. If you take a class..then join a bee, by the end of the year..you will be quilting like crazy. I still have tops to finish from the year I was in bee. I recently gave away three quilted tote bags. It is such a rewarding art!

    Thanks again for dropping by. I hope to see you again soon.

    Donna @ Comin' Home

    PS. I love your photos! Your little girl looks so darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS. If you have any questions while you are quilting, do drop me a line. I'm sure I could help. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved seeing all the beautiful quilts! Has quilting gone better for you than cookie decorating? ;)

    Just wondering if you got in the mood for Christmas decorating? Thank you for your visit and sweet/fun comment! Hope you and yours have a wonderful new year!
    -bill

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love it if you would join me in linking up at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/12/clever-chicks-blog-hop-10-rural.html

    I hope you can make it!
    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails