9/11/2010

Lynn's Barnyard Bash

Good morning everyone! 
So I woke up this morning feeling like I forgot to do something...this isn't an unusual feeling for me...what could it be....it must be important for it to be the first thought of the day.  Then it hit me....I didn't get my post together for THE BARNYARD BASH!  
Being the queen of procrastination...I am not prepared... so here is a throw-together of what is sure to be a good ol time over at Happier Than A Pig In Mud! Be sure to mosey on over to enjoy Lynn's party to view her barnyard critters (Love those cupcakes!) and peek in at all the other participants.
My last post shares my roosters so if this post leaves you wanting more, feel free to take a peek around!

When we moved out here, to the "outskirts of town", I decided that since it was a farmhouse style home, I would add accessories that reflected that style and the surrounding land.  The first morning I woke up here, I heard sounds coming from these....







Well, not exactly like these...the ones that surround the back of our place are not dairy cows but cows that moooo all the same!  Mooing is fine...soothing to listen to in a way.  However, cow's "hollerin" for the babies is another story!
It wasn't too many days later that I heard the strangest sound, sorta like kids...sorta like cats...hummm..what can it be? I decided it was coming from the front so out I went and discovered these, about a dozen of um across the street.



GOATS AND SHEEP!

About a year or so later, the next door neighbor decided to bring her horse here from the place they moved from.  So....in the strip of land between our homes, we were blessed with one of these



So now as you have seen, we are surrounded by critters on three sides leaving the west side with nothing more than dogs and a cat.  Two years ago, the neighbors changed that and brought home CHICKENS.



(do you see the chickens on top of the cow to the right? You can click the picture to ENLARGE.  This Williraye piece is called "Yours or mine?")
Have you ever heard a chicken while it is laying an egg?

So that leaves us.....nothing but cats...





And a beautiful Granddaughter that loves all animals!




Wishing ya'll an awesome fall and  many thanks for stopping over to see my barnyard bash!
Time for me to head over to see all the other participating farm gals if only at heart!

10 comments:

  1. Oh I just love all of your cute, whimsical critters! I think the cows are my favorite! I did go back and check out all of your roosters too, so fun! Lovin' your kitchen curtains! Thank you so much for joining the Barnyard Bash:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have got the best collection of critters ever. I love your taste obviously because it is just like mine. I don't have these nice pieces though.
    Thanks for such a fun tour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable array of animals and Longenberger baskets! I love Willieray pieces. I too live in farmland and in a farmhouse. I tend to keep my home on the country side too.
    I love your shelves, so full of beautiful things to look at!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Answering your question, It really doesn't matter to me. I say Ya, Mom says E, I answer to both. Have a great rest of your weekend.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your critters!! A shop near me called "The Old Farmstead" carries them and I have some of the critters on my wishlist. And of course, I love your Longenberger baskets!! They will be at the Country Living Fair next weekend...can't wait to see what baskets they bring this year.
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful collection you have, V! And displayed is such a lovely way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I am convinced it's time to migrate and move in with you! Loved everything in this post and the previous one. I live in the city but country runs through my veins.
    Warmest Hugs,
    Sandi @ Bearly Sane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kitchen is so cute! The cows are great and I really like your curtains. You have alot of longerberger too.

    Cheryl@My Own Snug Fireside

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love,love your decor..Love all the cows. Thanks for being one of my followers, having fun with my blog.. REally like your blog too.
    Maggey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nuttin' wrong with us country gals!! I grew up on a farm with beef cattle (who moo'ed) and now live on a farm with the only livestock being a dog and a handful of cats. Fun to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails