7/02/2010

Happy Birthday America!

Hello and HAPPY 4th of July!
It's been a long time since I have posted but I just couldn't miss out on dressing up the dining room for the 4th cuz I soooo love our flag and all that it stands for. 
I even baked a couple of goodies!  All this time that I haven't been posting I have been visiting baking blogs and I do believe I am hooked on the idea of learning how to decorate baked goodies now.  Meanwhile, I decided to start out with the very easy and baked some cherrychip cupcakes with buttercream frosting. (You're welcome, Sarah! ;) )

Next I made a no-bake cheesecake and put fresh strawberries on top. (You're welcome, Scott! :0) )


Of course I had to add some berries to the setting cuz Maddy soooo loves her berries!



Each placesetting gets a cute lil votive cup filled with red, white, and blue jellybeans.  They are holding steady the cute candle pinwheels that I recently found at Pier One.  I didn't light them for fear of wax dripping on the jelly beans.






Everything except the placemats and glasses are Longaberger including the flatware and napkin rings.  I also have placemats that match the napkins but decided to mix it up alittle this year when my daughter brought these cute placemats to me. (Thank you Sarah!)  They are from Kohls as are both glassware pieces.


Although they don't show up all that well, I thought the pinwheels in the centerpiece were to cute to pass up since they kinda match the votive cup pinwheels.


Also had to bring out some Williraye....they are as Americana as you can get!





An adorable collectors plate called "Star Spangled Sky" by Sandra Kuck, had to be included in the setting.


Just love the details that Longaberger puts into their baskets...check out these star tacks!


How about a little candlelight?




Last but not least, a picture that I thought turned out kinda neat


I hope you enjoyed my all American post.  I'd love to hear what you thought if you would like to leave a comment.  Be sure to pop over to Susans at Between Naps on the Porch to delight in her adorable tablescape and all the other AWESOME tablescape participants.  Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you have a SAFE holiday weekend FULL of memory making activities!




16 comments:

  1. I love it. While we display the flag and every year or so I will plant red, white and blue flower beds I have never really decorated for the 4th! Your ideas are so clever and just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful table. I love your dinnerware. You have so many little details that add up to such a pretty table. The food all looks amazing! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I LOVE all your Americana pieces from Longerberger! Your baskets are especially wonderful. I love the flag fabric basket liners and was blessed by a friend who was a consultant many years ago with 1 yard of that wonderful Longerber fabric and I used it in a small quilt (you can see it here http://faithfulnessfarm.blogspot.com/2010/06/americana-table-tops-for-summer.html)...oh I love it still today, lol!

    Happy 4th!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I love your whole table! Love the little star plates, the red glasses and all the baskets! Very nice and so patriotic. Bring on the fireworks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Longaberger items are so pretty! Your desserts look yummy too. I have been reading a lot of cooking blogs lately. They definitely inspire me to cook. Enjoy the 4th with your table bursting in Patriotism. Keep your flag-a-wavin'...Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicci this is all so beautiful! The place settings and patriotic the decor' are precious. The food looks so yummy. Good job!

    Thank you very much for your kind visit. It meant the world to me sweet friend.

    Happy 4th to you and yours!
    ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice patriotic table...what a cute centerpiece. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You showed your true colors in this tablescape! Your dinding room is wonderful. I didn't know Longenberger made things other than baskets? I love the sil.verware

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks great, I'd say you're ready for the 4th-enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! What to choose -- I'll have some of everything! Love your tablescape -- wonderful placemats and just as cute as can be!-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Outstanding collection of Americana!!! ♥ it, Big Time!
    I used one of my Longaberger baskets for red licorice this weekend, but yours are all so much prettier. Beautiful table!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Amazing! Love the tablescapes and you are so creative! Thanks for sharing your blog. I'll email you and we can share our love of Longaberger!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable... This had to have been amassed over years.... Thanks for sharing. -Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your tablescapes.So homey and well coordinated. I also have the Longaberger All American Collections and love using them for the fourth. Such great quality. Your food looked so beautiful. Great job on everything.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE,LOVE,LOVE everything!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails