2/15/2010

A Valentine Dessert

I am pretty sure that I'm married to the most romantic guy around!  While I was busy thinkin up a yummy treat for the day...

(Olive Gardens Zeppoli with Raspberry Sauce)



And prettying (is that a word?) up the table for the occasion...








My honey was busy doing the finish work of the cubby hole in the family room!
From this...


To this....

This is not the greatest picture but I think you get my message.  I'm not sure anything could be more romantic (to me) than a husband that scratches off a project from the "honey do" list as a gift rather than spending money on a trinket of some sort or flowers that die in a week or two. Now all's I need to do is load it up with Maddysons books...the ones that require a "big" person to read to her.
I hope you all had a wonderful Valentines Day...one that put a thrill in your heart in some special way.  I sure did!
OH...in case anyone is interested, all the dishes, vase, placemats and napkins are Longaberger. The stemware is Kohls for the red goblets and I don't remember the crystal brand. The flatware is our everyday stainless Oneida Marquette.
I am thrilled that you stopped in for a peek!  I will link up with Susan's Tablescape Thursday even though Valentine's day is over....it's always fun to join in with Susan and her talented tablescaping buddies.Click on the picture below to view "the party"!






18 comments:

  1. Your tablescape is gorgeous and that dessert looks devine!! I'm with you, I'd much rather have my hubby give me some job project done around the house or yard than cut flowers or a trinket. Many times he will bring me a tree, bush or such for my garden or yard. LOVE that!!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tablescape is just stunning. I just want to stand and watch you eat. Its just lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow -- that is so beautiful, it takes my breath away. The food and the table look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the table and the food looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so pretty, and the food looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect Valentine table setting! It is sweet and romantic.
    ♥, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the striped napkins and the hearts and pretty all together on the table. Your hubby is very talented, the window looks great......Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty tablescape! I love the white centerpiece vase! How lucky are you to receive those built in shelves. You are a lucky lady! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful red and white table...love the matching napkins/placemats.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally agree, that is a great valentine. Love the game boards on your wall, and your red and white stripe accents on your table are standouts. Great looking table all around!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, Love, Love your tablescape :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute setting...makes me wish it were Valentines Day all over again! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful table!!! Just what I needed for inspiration. I really need to learn to incorporate more red into my tablescapes, it's beautiful. I love the coziness and simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your tablescape. So beautiful. Come by and watch our vlog version. Have a great day. Holly:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. ~WOW! This is one gorgeous tablescape Vicci. Love all the warnm reds and pretty hearts.
    Great job!

    ~Blessings, ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh MY! I can't believe I missed seeing this table setting before. I just loved ALL of it!

    Your blog was very slow to load for me. (maybe because of the large header?) Anyway I finally got through and I'm so glad I did. I have many of the same prim game boards.

    Also, I'm just letting all my followers (and you are one) know about my giveaway... nothing to do to win.

    You are already entered!

    Just my way to say thanks!

    Talk to you soon ;)
    Bunny Jean

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails