11/30/2009

Decking the Halls, and the walls, and the.......



WELCOME! The time has finally arrived for Susans Deck the Hall's event!  I have been so excited for this as I just LOVE seeing everyone's beautifully decorated homes and the idea of seeing them dressed for the holiday season is more exciting than I can say. THANK YOU, Susan, for hosting this wonderful opportunity for all of use to "get together" for the holidays!
I hope you enjoy my contribution as much as I've enjoyed put it all out....be sure to link back over to Thoughts From Over the Rainbow to savor all the beautiful decorations at Susans and and all the other participants.
Although I started decorating the day after Halloween, I'm far from done.  I have a tendency to be reeeeeealllllly slow at artistic endevors!lol  Actually, I have a tendency to not finish anything artistic....why? I do not know. I have a couple of areas that I am making myself leave alone....NO MORE tweeking!
The first is our family room tree...


I have done it twice this year...


knowing what I wanted....






then deciding it wasn't going to happen so just be happy with it and move on!


Since I haven't done ANY shopping yet, baskets -n- bears "sit in" for the time being.

Also in the familyroom is some of my Santa collection.  I have been collecting the jolly guy for many many years.  The entertainment center is all Jim Shore pieces.


Not Santa but still Jim Shore





On the wall opposite of the entertainment center is a variety of Santa's...my favorites are the Willirayes...can you pick them out of the bunch?



A couple more...





All the above photo's are in the "new" family room.  The next are in the "old family room.  When we added on to the house, we also had the new family room added on in place of what use to be the deck off the old family room. It was so odd shaped and small so I decided it will someday house a game table and be called the game room.  Right now it houses my granddaughters table n chairs, kitchenette, and toybox.








This wall will someday have a window in the place of these pictures.  This room is so dark without one.



With this final photo, I will close this post and save the kitchen for the next time.  Many thanks for stopping in.  I'd be thrilled if you'd leave a comment to let me know that you stopped in to say Hi!  I'm so glad you were here.


14 comments:

  1. It's looking like Christmas at your house...and I love it all!!
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your collections. I collect Santas too. Everything looks nice and it usually takes me awhile too.

    Carey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sitting here with my mouth hanging open. Your patriotic tree is just AWESOME! How wonderful is that!!
    Love all the decorations. What a clever idea to have the bears "fill in" until the presents start sneaking under the tree!
    Just a reminder I have you signed up for the Dec Doors of Welcome. Yes?
    HAGD! karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. You HAVE been busy. The fireplaces especially look wonderful and I love the idea of the bears keeping the underneath of the tree warm until the pressies arrive. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh I am having an attack over your Santas. The big picture of Santa & reindeer on the side, is it a cross stitch? I absolutely adore that one. I have several that I haven't started yet and one big one that is almost finish.
    I enlarged the photos of the Santas on the shelf. We really have the same taste in them. Some of mine are a little, how shall we say, shinier than what I like but they are gifts so I enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your decorations are beautiful, they are so unique. I have a friend who has the same type of decorations and I have begged her for the last four years to put them up and let me see them, no luck, so thank you so much for sharing yours, they are wonderful. The fireplace looks great. Thanks for stopping by and your wonderful comments. I hope you come back agian soon, so nice to talk to you.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your decorations are beautiful and the patriotic tree is so striking! You have a gorgeous home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did such a beautiful job of decorating. Love the warmth and cozyness
    of it all. Good photography, too.
    I enjoyed this so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Christmas decorations, so patriotic and so pretty. Wonderful collections!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your Americana tree...great idea!

    Happy Decorating,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I love your decorations. I believe we have similar tastes and I too take a long time with my artistic expression. I love your patriotic tree which I am slowly creating in my dining room. Is there a good place to get some patriotic ornaments? Your raised hearth reminded me of my old home which was bricked with a raised hearth. I can't wait to see what is next!
    Oops! I posted to the comments below, now you have to of the same comments. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful job of decorating you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your patriotic tree and your Santa collection. I think you did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails